Sunday 14 December 2014

Rob Nitman BSc, ASCC - Meet our writers


Rob Nitman - A little bit about me
After being brought in by Arun Gray to write some articles for the Macro Man website, I figured I should first introduce myself.

I’m Rob Nitman. I’m a Strength & Conditioning Coach currently working as an Intern for Harlequins Rugby in the UK.

I graduated from the University of Worcester in 2011 with a 2:1 BSc Hons degree in Sports Coaching Science, and am now also a fully accredited member of the UKSCA. For those of you who don’t know, the UKSCA is the UK’s governing body for Strength and Conditioning practice, much like the NSCA in the United States. They hold training courses and workshops which lead towards their Accreditation exams. Once you successfully pass all sections of the UKSCA Accreditation process you are awarded ASCC Status - Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach.

I by no means consider myself an expert in the field, but I do have a decent amount of experience coming from a pretty varied background.

In terms of S&C, my background comes from my degree at university, my ASCC status, my current position with Harlequins, and also the other roles I have undertaken since University. In that time I have worked in Rugby Union, American Football (in Britain), MMA, Football and Lacrosse. I have worked with amateur, semi-professional, and now professional athletes and have delivered group sessions as well as taking individuals.

My sporting background isn’t hugely varied. I have played Rugby Union from the age of 7 up to now (very irregularly the last 3 years in all honesty), in High School and College I also competed in the Shot Putt and Discus winning County titles and going to South of England Championships, and since University I have also trained for MMA (but not competed), and trained and competed in Strongman.
My latest ventures are not so sporting; I have started my own business – Nitman Performance Training (all social media links found at the end of the article), and, obviously, writing articles for Macro Man.

Now you might have guessed already by reading this that I like to write as I talk. I’m not the guy with all the smarts who’s going to write every article likes it’s a research paper. I like to get to the point in a way that people can understand and appreciate. But, having said that, I will be getting my information from good sources and will reference any articles I use and do my best not to plagiarise. So hopefully a happy medium between the everyday blogger, and the Professor Do-Right, informal yet informative.

My aim is to bring you articles regarding Strength and Conditioning. Some that I have lined up are Recovery Techniques, Speed Training & Mechanics, “Caveman” Conditioning, and also a little bit about Programming. Hopefully at least one of those will interest you.

If you’re a fan of Rugby Union, and even better if you’re a fan of Harlequins, I’m going to try to take you a little behind the scenes and let you in on some of the things we do there, but also give you general information on each subject and give you a good amount of science to back it up.  I might even try to get a Q&A with the other S&C Coaching staff, or some of the players to see their opinions on the field.

So there you have it, a quick background check on me and the things I have lined up for future articles.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy what’s to come,

Rob Nitman. BSc. ASCC.

www.nitmanperformancetraining.com
nitmanperformance@gmail.com
Twitter – @NitmanPT
Facebook – Nitman Performance
Instagram – @nitmanperformance

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Popular Now